Our Everlight Care Training Days Fresno Office
- Make sure the bed is locked.
- Have the sling folded, tuck it under the client, turn the staff and bring the sling out on the opposite side. The client should be centered on the sling.
- Make sure that the sling is crossed to prevent falling.
- Lower and hook all 6 ends of the sling. (Purple, Black, Purple) the color of the sling will determine the position of the staff when raised in the sling.
- Make sure the base of the lift is open and locked when lifting the staff.
- Close the base and unlock the wheels to make the transfer with the staff from bed to chair.
- Once the lift is in location, open the base and lock the wheels.
- Slowly lower into the chair, using one hand on the back loop of the sling to hold staff in place as being lowered.
- Each caregiver needs to apply the gait belt properly.
- Using the gait belt, assist with a client’s transfer.
- Applying a gait belt, assisting with ambulation, and sitting in a chair.